Friday 13 August 2010

Not Linkedin

Clout or ball and chain? [my caption]

Image by 'the justified sinner' (from Flickr under Creative Commons)



I could basically sum this up in two words. No thanks.

But I'd better try to say a bit more!

I'm not a joiner of this kind of thing. No surprise there for any readers of this blog. Not into social networking. Without signing up, it's a bit difficult to explore this Thing in much detail, but reading a selection of other Cam23 people's blogs tells me more or less all I need to know - there doesn't seem to be too much librarian activity, even via the CILIP group, so there doesn't seem to be a great deal of point in filling in yet more boxes. There were no real library jobs in the job search. From the outside, it doesn't really seem to be a tool for libraries, but for individuals. Prepared to be proved wrong, though ...

I guess that the 'lack of activity' argument is perhaps self-perpetuating. Maybe we Cam23 participants should be active in making it vibrant? (If it would be the right tool to do so - I know too little about Linkedin to judge).

Still not sure that I want to sign up, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment