Friday 18 June 2010

The excitingly named second post ...

Setting up my Google page ... Well, I now know how to do it, and will try to find time to add a few more personal things to it. I wish that Google would present one with more of a blank canvas. It's somewhat daunting to see a screenful already there when first using the page, hard to see what to put on, and where, when so many things are already there. From a personal point of view, I've always found my list of favourites on my internet program perfectly adequate (and simpler) for finding the sites that I regularly use, and I also find that my computer already has programs providing tools such as calculators and calendars (the latter in my email program). However, that would obviously not apply to a library page, where users would expect links to relevant information, tools or other sites to be set up for them.

There are lots of things that I use that I could add, and some still there that I could remove. At the moment I don't have time to do so.

I could spend endless time playing games, rather than working ... There is a mind-boggling array of screen gimmicks, puzzles, etc. on offer!

I wonder when I am going to have time to visit and comment on other people's blogs ... Or read some of the feeds which I currently don't have time to add.

I still need to find a photo-editing program on my computer, so that I can display screen shots in the described manner ... Perhaps on Monday. It's all very well offering links to free programs, but I can't download software to my work computer, due to the security installed by our Computer Office.

2 comments:

  1. I was just wondering if your work PC had 'Paint'? As far as I know this is a standard accessory on most PCs and you can use this to edit screenshots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Kirsty. I tried to use Paint - quickly - but the image turned out very small when I transferred it, even when I set the image size to large in the blog post. It looked OK in Paint. I'm not very au fait with these kind of things, though ...

    ReplyDelete